Configuring SSH Server on Debian or Ubuntu
You can configurate the SSH Server on Debian/Ubuntu VPS by doing the following:
- The default SSH server configuration file is /etc/ssh/sshd_config. You need to edit this file using a text editor such as VI using the following command:
# vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
- To disable root logins, edit or add the following line:
- To allow only specific users over SSH add the following line:
AllowUsers bob john
- Change the listening port of SSH service add the following line:
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the SSH service to reflect the changes using the following command:
# service sshd restart
Congratulations, you have configured the SSH Server on Debian/Ubuntu VPS.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Configuring vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu or Debian
- Install SSH Server on Debian or Ubuntu VPS
- Install MySQL database server on Debian or Ubuntu
- Install the vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu or Debian
- Install Apache Web Server under Debian or Ubuntu