Connect to FTP using Special FTP accounts
Your Special FTP account is your primary FTP account. The system creates this account by default. Unlike other FTP accounts, your Special FTP account can’t be deleted or modified. This is because the system links your Special FTP account to an administrative access level of your hosting account.
As this is your Primary FTP account, connecting to it allows you to access all of your website files, including raw access logs. In this guide, you’ll learn how to connect to FTP using your Special FTP account.
How to Connect to FTP using Special FTP Account
Connect to your FTP server using your Special FTP accounts with these simple steps.
- Access your Hosting Manager.
- On the Home page, click on the Files icon or [ v ] arrow symbol. Then click on the FTP Accounts button.
- Under Special FTP Accounts, click on the gear/settings icon or [ v ] arrow symbol on the ACTIONS column, then select Configure FTP Client.
- Under Manual Settings, use the provided details to manually configure the Special FTP Account through a chosen FTP client. Under Configuration Files, click on the FTP Configuration File button below the FTP client you wish to use, such as Filezilla, CoreFTP, and Cyberduck.
Note: We strongly recommend that you click on the Instructions (new window) button below the FTP client you wish to use and read these instructions before proceeding.
Congratulations! You just connected to FTP with your Special FTP account. Please let us know if you need any further assistance, or if you have any questions. We’d love to help!
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- What Are Special FTP Accounts
- How to Set up a New FTP Account
- Changing the Quota for an FTP account in cPanel
- How to Update WordPress With FTP
- How to FTP with Internet Explorer 10