How Do I Get the WordPress Home Path To Transfer From Another Hosting Provider
The process of transferring your WordPress website from another hosting provider may sound intimidating, with all the information needed to complete the process. One of the information needed when migrating your site is your WordPress Home Path. We’ll guide you how to get it with simple steps in this article.
Here’s how you can get it if you want to migrate files via FTP:
If you want to use FTP connection to migrate your website files, you will need to specify the relative path to the directory where the website files are stored. For example, if you want to migrate a WordPress site from cPanel, in most cases you will need to use the path /public_html. If your website files are stored in another folder, please specify the actual relative path to them.
If you want to migrate files via SSH/SFTP, please follow the below instructions:
- Create a file with name "example_name_of_script.php" that contains the following:
You can use another name, but the extension of the file need .php.
- Access your File Manager.
- On any of your FTP Manager, log in to the server and go to the directory where your WordPress is located.
- Upload the file, "example_name_of_script.php", there.
Note: WordPress home directory is typically inside public_html or httpdoc folder.
- Once uploaded, open http://yourdomainname/nameofyourfile.php and you will see your WordpPress site's home path.
That’s it! You should be able to locate your WordPress Home Path and start migrating your WordPress site from another hosting provider. Have you tried migrating your WordPress site successfully using the steps in this guide? If you need assistance or if you have questions, please contact us. We’d love to help!
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to Transfer a Large WordPress Site to the WordPress Hosting
- How to Transfer Your WordPress Site to Our WordPress Hosting
- How to Get Access to the WordPress Hosting Database
- What Is WordPress Hosting
- How Does Staging Work on WordPress Hosting