How to Add a Description for My Blog Page
Your Blog Page's Description is the text displayed by search engines when someone looks up for your page. This description outlines the overall content of your blog page. It will be displayed by search engines in a limited number of 160 characters, for Google’s SERP.
Add a description for your blog page through your Blog Page Settings, using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Website builder dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website that you wish to manage.
- Click Pages from the left-side menu, hover your mouse pointer over Blog, and then click the Gear Icon on its right.
Note: Make sure you have enabled Blog first before proceeding to these steps.
- Scroll down to Description.
- Enter a 160-character blog page description in the corresponding field provided.
- Click the Publish button to save changes.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
You've just successfully added a description for your blog page.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Can I Add Social Sharing Buttons to My Blog Posts
- How to Add Tags for My Blog Post
- How to Add a Blog Post
- Can I Customise the Excerpt of My Blog Post
- How to Delete a Blog Post