How to Add a MySQL Database in Plesk
MySQL, or My Structured Query Language, is an open-source database management system where data or information for your website is stored. To access data from MySQL, your system needs a computer language such as Java, Perl, Python, and PHP.
If you are setting up a web-based application, such as a bulletin board, a blog, or an online shop, you will need to set up a MySQL Database to store its web files. These web files can be information like, username, ordered items, or even a list of items that you can later display online upon query by a user or your system. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to add MySQL Database in Plesk.
To create a database in Plesk without a user, follow the steps below:
- Access your Hosting Manager in Plesk.
- Click Databases from the left-side menu.
- Click the [ + ] Database button at the top of the page.
- Enter a Database name in the field provided.
- From the Database server drop-down list, select the server that says default for MySQL.
- From the Related site drop-down list, select the website whose files you wish to save in this database.
Or, select No related sites if you're not ready to connect it to a site yet.
Note: To assign a website later, go back to Databases from the left-side menu and click the Assign this database to a site link beside the Database name that you wish to manage.
- Under Users, deselect Create a database user.
- Click OK to save.
You just learned how to create a MySQL database in Plesk. The ideal next step is to create and add user to your MySQL database. This is helpful if there are other user or developer to manage your database. As an administrator, you will be able to manage the user's Role, Data Access privileges, and Structure Access privileges from here. If you have any questions, or if you need any assistance in adding MySQL Database in Plesk, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to Create a MySQL Database and User in Plesk
- How to Manage MySQL User Privileges in Plesk
- How To Enable MSSQL Database Remote Connection in Plesk
- How To Add PHPMailer for Windows Hosting in Plesk
- How To Create a Mail Account in Plesk