You can create as many FTP accounts as you need within the cPanel for your Linux Web Hosting product or the Plesk panel for your Windows Web Hosting product. You can also grant or limit access to specific files and folders when setting up FTP accounts in your hosting.
If you are using the Linux Hosting product, you can create multiple accounts for FTP in the cPanel by clicking here.
If you are using the Windows Hosting product, follow the steps below to create an account or multiple accounts with different permissions for FTP in the Plesk panel:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Websites & Domains from the left-side menu.
- Click the FTP Access icon from the options under your domain name.
If you can't find the icon, click the [V] Show More option.
- Click the + Add an FTP Account button at the top of the page.
- Under General, complete the following required information:
|FTP account name
||This is the FTP login username.
||This is the specific path (file or folder) that your FTP account will be able to access.
||This is the FTP login password.
Ensure that the password you set is strong.
||This is the same FTP login password entered above.
- Select the type of Permissions you would like to grant this new FTP account.
- Click OK to save.
Congratulations! You have set up a new FTP account. Repeat these steps to add more accounts.
Note: To remove an FTP account, go back to Websites & Domains, click the FTP Access icon, select the FTP account that you wish to delete, and click the Remove button at the top of the page.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.