How to Do a 301 or 302 Redirect for Websites
A redirect allows you to make one website redirect to another website. For example, when mydomainA.com is accessed through a browser, you will automatically be routed to the website content for mydomainB.com. You can have a 301 permanent redirect or a 302 temporary redirect.
What Is a 301 Redirect
A 301 Redirect is also known as a Permanent Redirect.
If you have permanently moved your website to a new address, and you would like to route your visitors to your new address, which is your new domain name, then you can create a 301 Redirect. This permanent redirection also tells search engines, e.g. Google, that you are moving from point A to point B for good. In return, search engines will allow direct ranking and value signals for the new URL, understanding that this is now the permanent home of your website content.
What Is a 302 Redirect
A 302 Redirect is also known as a Temporary Redirect.
If you are doing a major maintenance or applying upgrades for your website, and you would like to temporarily route your website visitors to a different site, then you can create a 302 Redirect. In this way, you can avoid having visitors view an error page while your main website is currently down. Search engines will know that you have only done a temporary redirection and that the value of that page should be kept intact and should not be transferred or indexed along with the other URL.
How to Create a 301/302 Redirect in the cPanel
If your website is currently hosted with the Crazy Domains regular Web Hosting service, then you can create a 301/302 Redirect through the cPanel hosting manager using the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the Domains icon or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side, then click the Redirects icon.
- Under Type, choose between Permanent ( 301 ) or Temporary ( 302 ) from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Domain or URL you wish to redirect from the second drop-down menu.
- Add Path if necessary.
- Add the new URL you would like your old one to be redirected to.
- Click the Add button.
- Information Websites .INFO Domain Name Registration Rules
- How to Obtain the Domain EPP Code
- How to Connect My Domain Name to My Hosting
- How to Add My Domain to Search Engines
- How To Set the Park Page of Your Domain
Congratulations! You have just created a redirect to a website.
Note: For instructions on how to create a 301/302 Redirect for your website that is hosted with the Crazy Domains Windows Web Hosting service through the Plesk hosting manager, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.