How to Import Data in Outlook 2011 for Mac
If you are moving from another email account or email provider you can use the Import feature of Outlook to migrate your email data.
Follow the steps below to import data to Outlook. We recommend for safety if you’re currently using Outlook to download a backup copy before performing this import.
Note: Before performing this import we recommend that you disable Cached Exchange Mode.
Import data in Outlook 2011 for Mac
You can import Data in Outlook 2011 for Mac by doing the following:
- Open Outlook.
- Click File and select Import or click on the Tools tab and select Import.
- Click on Import from another program or file, then click Next.
- In the new screen, select Outlook Data File (.pst or .olm) and click the right arrow.
- Choose either Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) or Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm).*
- Click the right arrow.
- Select the file you want the data to be imported from and click Import.
- After Outlook finishes importing, click Done.
All data from the data file has been imported.
*Please note that data from an .olm file is imported to On my Computer folders by default. These folders do not synchronize with Exchange server, so all items must be moved to Exchange folders after importing. To do this, select all the items in each folder, then drag and drop them to the corresponding Exchange folder. To move all Calendar items, please follow the instructions provided here.
For exporting your data files see How to Export Data in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to Export Data in Outlook 2011 for Mac
- How to Import Data in Outlook 2016 for Mac
- How to Import Data in Outlook 2013
- How to Import Data in Outlook 2016
- How to Import Data in Outlook 2019