How to Manage MySQL User Privileges in Plesk
Only users granted permission to read, create, edit, delete, or perform any action regarding data within your MySQL databases can do so. You can set database user privileges within the Plesk panel for Windows Hosting.
To set and/or manage Database user privileges, follow the steps below:
- Access your Hosting Manager.
- Click Databases from the left-side menu, then click the option User Management.
- On the MySQL Databases main page, under Current Databases, find the database you want to grant or deny access to, and then find the user that you want to modify the privileges of. Click the selected privileged user name.
- Next page, make the appropriate permission changes by checking, or unchecking, the boxes that correspond to the privileges that you want to grant, or disallow, the user. You can also choose to check All Privileges to give the user permission to do everything on the list.
- Click Make Changes.
If the modifications are saved, you will get the following message:
√ Updated the privileges for user “user” on the database “database_name”.
- Click Go Back to go back to the MySQL Databases main page.
Note: When modifying privileges, make sure you select the right database and privileged user name. Users may have access to more than one database.
You just learned how to manage the MySQL user privileges in Plesk. If you have any questions, or if you need any assistance in managing your MySQL user privileges, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to Create a MySQL Database and User in Plesk
- How to Add a MySQL Database in Plesk
- Manage DNS Records in Plesk
- How To Create a Mail Account in Plesk
- How to Uninstall One-Click Apps in Plesk