Publish your website for the first time to make it appear online. Publish it as well every time you make changes to it. Choose the set of instructions below whether to publish the site for the first time or publish it for the changes to be live.
Publish Site for the First Time
To publish your new website and make it appear online, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Website Builder editor.
- On the Website Builder, check if the correct domain name is connected to the website. Click Settings > Domains.
- Select a domain name and click MAKE PRIMARY DOMAIN.
IMPORTANT: You can select either the free subdomain or your domain name. If want your domain to be the primary domain, make sure to point the A records of your domain to the IP address of your site in the Website Builder.
- Click PUBLISH on the upper right corner of the page.
- Confirm if the domain name of the website is correct, and then click PUBLISH.
- Wait for the website to finish publishing.
Click CONTINUE EDITING to close this window while waiting. Any changes made while the website is publishing won’t be live yet unless you publish the site again.
Publish Website Changes
Publish any changes made on the website editor for these to be online. Click the PUBLISH button on the upper right-hand corner of the website editor and wait for the confirmation that the website is already published.
The message below appears once the website is published. Click the close [X] button to return to the editor or click OPEN WEBSITE to see the live website.