What is a Catch-All email account
A Catch-All email account is basically an inbox that is set up to receive all emails sent to incorrect or non-existent email addresses within a domain.
For instance, your domain is mydomain.com and you have created 3 personalised email addresses on that domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). You can set 1 of those 3 valid email addresses as a Catch-All email account.
If you set up email@example.com as your Catch-All email account, messages sent to misspelled or non-existent addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com will all be routed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before setup, you will need to create all the necessary mail accounts in Plesk first. Or, if you already have, then you can use the existing mail accounts you've created in Plesk.
How to set up a Catch-All email account in Plesk
Follow the steps below to set up a Catch-All email account in Plesk:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Mail from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Mail Settings tab at the top.
- Click the domain name whose stray emails you wish to receive and manage.
- Select Forward to address and specify the email address (email account) that will receive all the stray emails.
- The specified email address should belong to the selected domain name.
For example, if you are setting up a Catch-All email account for mydomain.com, then you can Forward to address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and not to email@example.com
- Ensure that the account specified here is a working email account so you are able to access it anytime.
- Click OK to save.
Congratulations! You have now set up a Catch-All email account in Plesk.
Note: Any email sent to misspelled or non-existent addresses on your domain will now be sent to the address you typed in the text box under Forward to address.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.