The SSL certificate can be set up on your Windows VPS via Remote Desktop (RDP) or via Plesk.
Setting up SSL via RDP
You can set up an SSL certificate on your Windows VPS via RDP by following the instructions below:
|Open the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) function on your computer.
Click on the Start button, type “mstsc” in the search box, and press Enter. The RDP function will appear.
|Enter your VPS IP address and click Connect.
|Enter your username and password then click OK.
|Click on the Start button within the RDP window.
|Search for Server Manager and open it.
|The Server Manager window will appear.
|Click IIS from the left-hand menu.
|Under SERVERS, right-click on the Server Name you wish to manage and select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
|Click on the Server Name from the left-hand menu, scroll down to the IIS section and double-click on the Server Certificates icon.
|From the right-hand menu, you can now select the appropriate Action you would like to take in setting up your SSL.
Congratulations! You have now set up your SSL certificate via RDP.
Setting up SSL via Plesk
You can set up an SSL certificate on your Windows VPS via Plesk by following the instructions below:
- Log in to your Plesk control panel either via direct link or via Account Manager.
If via direct link:
- Access the login page through this address:
Replace “serverhostname/ipaddress” with your appropriate server hostname or IP address.
- Enter your username and password then click Log In.
If via Account Manager:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click on Servers from the menu at the top of the page.
If you do not see it, click on the [v] arrow down symbol to extend the menu.
- Click on the server plan you wish to manage. If you only have one plan, you will automatically be redirected to the management page.
- Click on the Plesk button, then enter your username and password if asked.
- Click Websites & Domains from the left-hand menu.
- Locate the domain name you wish to manage and click on SHOW MORE.
- Click on SSL Certificates.
- You can now select the appropriate action you would like to take in setting up your SSL.
Congratulations! You have now set up your SSL certificate via Plesk.