How to show .htaccess (hidden files) with the File Manager
Hidden files and folders begin with a dot (.), such as .htaccess. As the name implies, these files are hidden, so editing them is not possible unless shown. To view these files, follow the steps below.
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter username and password and click Log In.
- On the Accounts page, click File icon or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side, and then click File Manager.
- A Directory Selection box will prompt. Tick the box which says Show Hidden Files (dotfiles).
- Click Go.
Congratulations! All hidden files (dot files) will now be shown.
Important Note: Please be careful with editing hidden files. Unless you know what you're doing, we strongly advise against editing.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Editing Files With File Manager in Web Hosting
- What Is the .htaccess File
- How to Access the File Manager
- How to Change the Default Index Page in .htaccess
- How to Back up Your Website Files