How to Update a Name Server's IP Address
Name Servers are used to point a Domain Name to a Hosting account or server. All Name Servers are attached to IP Addresses. Your Domain Name is provided and secured by us, while its corresponding IP Address can be updated manually within your Account Manager.
Update your Name Server's IP Address by following the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the Domain you wish to update from your list of Domain Names.
- Scroll down to the Name Servers section. Click the Hamburger Menu on the right, then select the Add Name Server from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the new IP Address next to the Name Server you updated, then click the Update button.
When applying a Name Server to a Domain Name, our system then automatically verifies the IP Address associated with that Name Server. However, take note that this may fail if the Child Name Server has not been created yet. Child Name Servers can be simply created within your Account Manager. Follow the guide below to know how:
Note: Name Server and IP Address updates are applied immediately but may take up to 24 hours to propagate across the internet.Congratulations! You have just updated your Name Server's IP Address.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- What Is an IP Address
- How to Create Child Name Servers
- Error Displays Invalid Name Servers
- What Name Server Should I Use
- I Updated My Name Servers and They're Not Working