How to upload files to your Windows VPS
Article ID: 4227 Published: 6 Feb 2018 Updated: 6 Feb 2018 Authored by: Crazy Domains Support
You can easily upload or transfer files from your local computer to your VPS via Remote Desktop Protocol or RDP. Follow the instructions below to know how:
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) function on your computer.
Click on the Start button, type “mstsc” in the search box, and press Enter. The RDP function will appear.
- Before proceeding with RDP log in, click on Show Options.
- Click on the Local Resources tab.
- Under Local devices and resources, click on More.
- Select Drives to access all the drives in your local computer or click on the [+] symbol beside Drives and select a specific folder; then click OK.
- Click Hide Options to enter your VPS IP address, then click Connect.
- Enter your username and password then click OK.
- The drives you selected from your local computer will now be available on your Remote Desktop. Simply drag-and-drop the files into your VPS to upload, transfer, or copy them.
Congratulations! You have just uploaded files to your Windows VPS.
Was this helpful?
93% of people found this helpful.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.