How to setup IMAP Inbox in Outlook?
After setting up Outlook 2013/Office 365 as IMAP, we recommend subscribing to your Inbox so you can access your mail folders on all your devices.
This is also a common troubleshooting method in cases where your mails are not syncing properly or you just can't find some of your folders, e.g. Sent, Trash, etc.
Note: Make sure that you selected IMAP when setting up with Outlook 2013 before applying these settings. If your emails were set up as POP3, the following settings won't apply.
Here are the easy steps you can follow to set up your IMAP Inbox in Outlook 2013:
- Open Outlook 2013 on your computer.
- Click File from the top menu.
- Click Account Settings and select Account Settings again from the drop-down menu.
- From the pop-up window, select your email account and click Change from the top menu.
- Click More Settings and go to the Advanced tab.
- In the Root folder path field, enter INBOX (all in uppercase).
- Click OK to save.
Congratulations! You have now setup your IMAP Inbox in Outlook 2013.
Note: After subscribing to your own Inbox, you may have to wait for the syncing process to complete. The processing time will depend on the number of emails you have stored in your folders, or the weight of each, as some emails may have a lot of attachments.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to setup an email account in Outlook 2013
- How to create a POP or IMAP Email Account in the Hosting Manager
- How to setup Outlook 2007 to check your Email
- How to setup Outlook Express for Mac to check your Email
- How to setup Outlook Express to check your Email