What to do if you have problems in sending mail?
If you are unable to send email, you should first verify that all of the information is correct in your email client. Below are the general email configuration settings. Refer to the Email Hosting getting started guide for email setup instructions.
|Username||Your full e-mail address|
|Password||Your e-mail account password|
|Incoming Port||110 for POP3 or 143 for IMAP|
|Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) Port||587|
|Secure Authentication or SPA||Needs to be turned off|
Check that Port 25 not blocked
Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) may block the normal sendmail port 25, so the easiest way is to contact them and ask for the Outgoing Server SMTP setting which you will then use to replace (Outgoing Server: mail.yourdomain.com) above.
Alternatively if your ISP is blocking port 25 you can try port 465 or 587 instead.
Here is a test you can find out if this is the case.
Important: On newer Windows machines the Telnet program is not enabled automatically, but can be turned on by going from the Start menu to the Control Panel, then clicking on Programs, Turn Windows Features on or off, then scrolling down and clicking the box next to Telnet Client.
- Windows users can access this via start > run > cmd. Mac users can use the Terminal application.
- Type: telnet mail.domain.com 25 (replace domain.com with your own domain name).
If you just see a blank screen then your ISP provider is blocking you.
If you login to your Webmail you will be able to send and receive email from anywhere in the world.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to route a domain's incoming mail to a specific server
- How to setup Vista Mail to check your Email
- How to setup Windows Live Mail to check your email account
- How to Configure DNS Records for Proper Mail Work on Email Hosting
- What are my Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server Settings?
- How to setup Mac OS X Mail to check your Email
- Things You Need to Know About the Recent Email Migration
- What to do if you see a message stating that your email client can't verify the identity of the server?
- How to create an Email Account in your own domain?
- How to configure Email filters in Hosting Manager