Chat Support Terms
30 Chat Support
This clause relates to the usage of chat services on our website, and contains important information about how we will access and use personal information about you when you provide it to us. By proceeding with the use of our chat services or entering any chat session, you are taken to have read, understand, accept, and agree to abide by the terms in this clause. If you do not agree to the terms in this clause, you should not proceed with the use of our chat services or to any chat session.
30.1 Prohibited Uses
- You irrevocably agree that you shall not permit, release, reproduce, duplicate, copy, or otherwise publish any contents of your chat conversation with us:
- in any forum which may be accessible by the public; or
- for any purpose connected to fraudulent or malicious activity.
- You irrevocably agree that you must not and will not transmit any information which is or may reasonably be considered by us to be:
- derogatory in nature;
- racially or religiously biased or offensive;
- unlawful in any way, including threatening or harassing to us (including any chat agent);
- adversely affecting our reputation;
- causing annoyance or inconvenience to us;
- damaging or interfering with our data, software, website, or information technology systems;
- likely to misrepresent any person's identity; or
- likely to impersonate another person.
30.2 Risk and responsibility
- You agree that you will bear full responsibility for all contents, phrases, and entries added to the network in connection with the use our chat services.
- You warrant that you understand, have become familiar with technical requirements necessary to use our chat services, and have no objections in respect thereof.
- You warrant that you have made yourself aware of any risk and threats connected with electronic data transmission and the use of our chat services, and that you agree to bear the risk of the use of our chat services.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied representations, conditions, and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise.
- We will not be liable to you or any other party for indirect or consequential loss or for loss or corruption of data, loss of revenue or loss of profits, whether in contract, tort, or under statute or otherwise arising from or connected with your use of our chat services.
- To the extent permitted by law, we limit our entire liability to you under these chat terms to one dollar and zero cents ($1.00).
30.3 Chat Logs
- You acknowledge that chat conversations between you and us may be recorded by us and kept in the form of a chat log transcript record for quality and verification purposes.
- You understand that chat log transcript records will be maintained for a period of time, as determined by us from time to time, after which time they will cease to exist. You irrevocably agree that any chat logs which remain in our possession will not be released by us to any other person unless expressly required by law.
30.4 Information collected
- You agree that any information we collect from you during your use of chat services on our website, including prior to or during any chat conversation with us, may be used as follows:
- To personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are interested in.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature, and to send you periodic e-mails including in relation to marketing products and services, promotions, and other features available on our site. You will retain the right to opt-out of such marketing communications should you wish.
- Notwithstanding any term to the contrary, you acknowledge that third parties who provide, maintain, or otherwise facilitate the use of our chat services may have access to your personal information you provide at any time when you use or have used our chat services.
30.5 Right to terminate
We reserve the right to terminate any chat session if we deem you to be in breach of any part of this Agreement.